Thursday, October 21, 2010

October 21, 2010

This has been an interesting day, not that many of my days are dull. But sometimes, as one of my teachers once said while trying to make the point that overdoing something can be as harmful as underdoing something. He said, "It's like trying to put ten pounds of sugar in a five pound sack."

Since my transportation is still provided by the lovely people in my community, I went to the foot doctor this morning with the help of my friend Ginna. It's not only driving from home to office, it's loading the dreaded wheeled walker into trunk or back seat at home, then out at the office, then back into the car and out when we get home. But, these friends do this willingly. Then in the afternoon because I'm going away to the conference tomorrow, I went to get my hair cut and styled. Another friend provided the transportation and this time Sharon took the honor. Again with the walker and then on to Wal-Mart's to pick up prescriptions for both Lenny and me, then a quick trip around the grocery portion of the huge store in one of those electric carts. I'm getting good at that, only toppled one display case to date and that was weeks ago. Sharon, dear girl, walked with me with the walker because if she didn't she'd have had to take it out to the car, go get it when I was finished shopping and that meant at least two more times of in and out of the car with the walker. This kind of friendship is immeasurable.

The good news of the day was that the doctor is 'pleased' and if he's pleased shouldn't I be? Of course, he did say the dreaded boot will remain with me for another 4 weeks, at least. Well, guess I'm glad that things are moving forward although at the speed of a snail on tranquillizers.

I've packed and you don't realize how nice it is to move easily until you can't. Seemed to take an inordinate number of trips back and forth but the suitcase is packed, the suitcase carrying 30 of my books for the conference book store has made it to the back seat of our car so that in the morning (4:25 a.m.) my friend Lynn and I will only have to more that mountain from my car to hers.

So if you look carefully you can see the rosy side of today. I got good news from the doctor, I went to the beauty shop, I picked up the much needed prescriptions and got in a few groceries to hold my husband over the three days I'll be away. And the best good news message of all - - - -I have wonderful friends.

Tomorrow we're off to the Writer's Conference. I'm as excited as can be. Won't be able to post for three days but when I can it should be full of all kinds of good news.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment